Friday, June 11, 2021

Labyrinth Summer Sprint 2 Contribute

 This sprint I committed to completing the textures for the branches, tree materials, rocks, and also revisiting the grass asset within our project. Below is what I scheduled for this sprint.



I began by finishing the sculpts for the fallen tree and tree stumps. I then retopoed them, baked them and textured them with a smart material I created for the trees. The first images are the sculpts in Zbrush and the following images are the textured assets in UE4.








Then I tweaked all the materials together in our bog scene to see how everything was working together.


I used dithering to help the blend between the different element as well as between the trees and the ground. 
No Dithering

Dithering















I also finally got some textures on the stepping stones. I wanted to make them very specular so they appear "wet" after emerging from the water.




I also made materials for the rocks using the same smart material I did for the back wall.


I made some strides on the ground material. I still need to export the landscape and convert it to a static mesh, but that's for next sprint.

I also spent time making a new grass asset. I looked back at the film to see what their grass looked like and tried to create clumps that are similar.


I also fixed the movement with a vertex masks so that the bottoms of the grass would stay fixed with the ground.




























No comments:

Post a Comment