Thursday, September 3, 2020

Common Wk 1

Sparth (Syd Mead) Shape Study

I wanted to take this piece by Syd Mead but give it the more saturated colors seen in some of Sparth's work. I wanted to focus on understanding the forms of the different dogs as they relate to 3D space.


I started by using the prototype shapes to build the basic forms of the "dogs".





I then drew over my shapes, using them as a guide to better understand the forms,


Taaa Daaa


Although I think I did not do this project as it was initally intended with a Sparth-inspired space ship, I learned a lot about understanding form and using basic shapes to build believeable concept art. I would have loved to spend more time modeling the dogs to get all the details in but I think I still managed to create a fun piece of artwork. I hope to continue using this method for starting concept pieces in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment