Thursday, September 24, 2020

Common Wk 4

 This week we worked with lighting. I will start by showing you the different results I received in rendering:

Arnold RenderView

Single Frame Render




I rendered all three of these sculptures created by Nick Zuccarello with Arnold. I made a simple 3 point light setup composed of a point light, an area light, and a SkyDome. Believe it or not, both rendered are the same setups, but I wanted to show the huge difference I experienced between rendering through Arnold's RenderView and Maya's single frame render using Arnold. The single frame renders came out MUCH darker than the previews and lost a lot of the HDRI tones I was trying to push in, however it had some very appealing contrast! Inevitably I felt it was far too dark to show off the sculptures details, although they created a very neat mood. It also had weird color artifacts in the shadow that I did not like, but I thought I would still share my results!
I chose to use an underwater toned HDRI to give my images a nice cool tone. I felt this made a big difference in the render compared to the HDRI given to us.




I then brought in my Lego ship from my 3D art project and used this same lighting setup with minor tweaks to render it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment